Pay Per call ads are ads available for click-to-call campaigns displayed on mobile phones. You can also add a link to visit the site.
Are phone calls important to your business? Do you want to increase the number of calls to improve your business?
If the answer is yes to these questions, a Google advertising solution is prepared especially for you.
We’re talking about Pay Per call ads.
In this article, you will learn about this digital marketing solution that allows people to call your business simply by tapping your ad.
What are Pay Per call ads:
Pay Per call ads is part of the Google Ads family of ads. It is an ad format aimed at mobile phones.
Its operation is quite simple:
- The person does a Google search on the cell phone.
- She views and taps the ad.
- The mobile dialer opens, showing your business phone number displayed in the ad.
- The call is initiated when the person taps the call button on the dialer.
Therefore, it is practical to increase the number of calls to the company. The person does not need to memorize or write down the number elsewhere. Just one touch, and the connection process starts.
“Visit website” button in Pay Per call ads:
When they first launched, Pay Per call ads were exclusively click-to-call campaigns.
However, when people spend more time at home, the number of calls to businesses has increased.
Consequently, the waiting time also increased. So this worried Google, which wants people to have good experiences after clicking on ads.
Therefore, Google added the Visit Site link in the Pay Per call ads. This link is displayed at the end of the ads. So if people click on this link, they will be redirected to your company website.
However, clicking on any other part of the ad will initiate a phone call.
Pay Per call ads – Key Benefits:
Pay Per call ads offers many advantages for companies that want to increase the number of calls.
- You put your phone number prominently on the first page of Google mobile.
- The connection process is made easy.
In addition, the “visit the site” link has additional advantages:
- Find people only interested in visiting the site and getting to know the company better.
- More qualified leads and fewer accidental calls.
- Decrease the waiting time of those who make the calls.
- Increase the size of the ad, giving greater visibility to your advertising.
How much do the Pay Per call ads cost:
Google Ads uses a cost per click for this type of ad. CPC is charged for the ad touches, whether to make a call or to visit the website.
Creating the Campaign:
After accessing Google Ads, you must follow the steps below:
- On the Overview page, click +New Campaign.
- Under Goals, select Sales or Leads.
- Then choose the Search Network campaign type.
- Select Phone calls in the section that asks how you want to achieve this goal.
- Enter the country and phone number.
- Click Continue.
- On the next screen, select Search Network, as this ad is not served on the display network.
- Enter the other settings like targeting and budget.
- Then click Save and Continue.
Creating the Ad:
Within the Campaign you’ve just set up, it’s time to create your first call ad.
- Click Ads and Extensions.
- Go to Ads.
- Then click the plus (+) button and then the Call extension.
- Select the ad group.
Finally, you need to fill in the following information that will be displayed in the ad:
- Titles 1 and 2.
- Company Name.
- The phone number will be displayed in the ad.
- Description lines 1 and 2.
- Display URL (address of the website to which the user will be redirected if they click “visit the website”).
- Verification URL (an optional field that Google Ads uses to ensure the phone number matches the number displayed on the business page).
As seen, call announcements are mainly used to increase the number of calls to the company.
However, the Visit the Site button serves this purpose if the person first wants to know a little more about your company.
Undoubtedly, call advertising is a strategy that takes advantage of the entire volume of traffic originating from cell phones. And with its flexibility, you can increase links to your business and quality visits to your website.